OceanFOG may be used in a wide variety of subsea and surface applications including Survey, ROV navigation, AUV navigation and for Metrology applications. For metrology applications, external augmentation such as a DVL and Digiquartz inputs may be introduced to enhance the latitude, longitude and deltaheight outputs.
- Outputs heading, pitch, roll, heave, latitude, longitude, rates & accelerations
- Rapid run-up time of less than 3 minutes
- RS232 and RS485 outputs
- High accuracy metrology mode
- 3000m standard depth rating
- Heave measured at 200 Hz
- RovFOG variant
- Never Requires Calibration
When used in static survey operations OceanFOG does not require any external latitude inputs. If used on a moving vessel then a GPS derived external latitude will be required.
A survey grade fibre optic gyro, OceanFOG has class leading long-term heading, pitch and roll stabilities as demonstrated by these recorded outputs taken from two different but typical units:
For the OceanTools MiniFOG Gyrocompass please see Legacy Products