Subsea leak tracing dye
- Formulated for OceanSENSE leak detection
- Use in cement, seawater or fresh water
- Excellent environmental credentials
OceanTools C-Dye has been specially formulated to give outstanding results when used with the OceanSENSE ROV-mounted or diver-held dye detection systems. It is designed to trace leaks in a variety of subsea environments including pipelines, risers and subsea control systems.
- C-Dye may be added to water at a suggested dosage of 200ppm or 0.02%
- C-Dye may be added to control fluids at a suggested dosage of 250ppm or 0.025%
- C-Dye may be added to cement at a suggested dosage of 0.33gal/bbl or 1.25l/bbl or around 0.8%
C-Dye may be added directly to the cement or seawater spacer during cementing operations, or even a barite spacer if the dye concentration is increased. It should not be added to spacers containing bentonitic materials, as they cloak the dye.
C-Dye conforms to the UK classification Gold with no substitutable components and in Norway it holds Yellow 1 classification. It has also been successfully EPA/OSHA tested for use in the US. Few other dyes meet this very high level of environmental acceptance.